The Phantom Rickshaw and other Tales/My own True Ghost Story > 커뮤니티 카카오소프트 홈페이지 방문을 환영합니다.

본문 바로가기

커뮤니티

커뮤니티 HOME

The Phantom Rickshaw and other Tales/My own True Ghost Story

페이지 정보

작성자 Corrine 댓글 0건 조회 11회 작성일 24-08-07 22:19

본문

In a long hole of over four hundred yards, what is billiards the golfer need not bother his head about strength for the first two strokes; he has to hit both these as hard as he can-there is no nice calculation of less or more. Sure you could call the fire department, but why bother when your neighbor down the block is a fireman? In this article, we will break down some of the key shots every 8 pool player should know. Every step or bang of a trunk echoed from my room down the other three, and every footfall came back tremulously from the far walls. The shutter of the room next to mine was attacked, flung back, and the inner door opened. I heard the palanquins dumped on the ground, and the shutter in front of my door shook. For this reason I shut the door. The door shut and I thanked Providence that I was to be left in peace. Tiki on the right, Cowboys on the left. There were three rooms, besides my own, which was a corner kennel, each giving into the other through dingy white doors fastened with long iron bars. The pitch would become an equilateral triangle, and we should suggest that the bowler have the option of bowling (from his own corner) at either of the two outlying batsmen (at theirs).

If you get out, well you have no further opportunity of getting nervous till your second innings comes round, and under no circumstances ought a bowler to be nervous, as one bad ball may always be redeemed by a wicket next ball. A golfer by practice may improve his play with a club, but he very likely will find that, during the time he has occupied himself with this club, another has mysteriously failed him; and in any case the terrible ordeal of putting has to be gone through, and it is the painful experience of bad putters that practice does by no means perfect, but only causes new terrors to appear. The man of thirty in a few years will very likely develop into a really bad putter, not because he has not the skill-for he proved his skill when a beginner-but because he has learnt the terrors of putting, and his skill is overpowered by his nerves.

A man with a sensitive hide has no right to sleep in dâk-bungalows. I lived in dâk-bungalows where the last entry in the visitors'-book was fifteen months old and where they slashed off the curry-kid's head with a sword. Not long ago it was my business to live in dâk-bungalows. There are said to be two at Simla, not counting the woman who blows the bellows at Syree dâk-bungalow on the Old Road; Mussoorie has a house haunted of a very lively Thing; a White Lady is supposed to do night-watchman round a house in Lahore; Dalhousie says that one of her houses "repeats" on autumn evenings all the incidents of a horrible horse-and-precipice accident; Murree has a merry ghost, and now that she has been swept by cholera, will have room for some sorrowful ones; there are Officers' Quarters in Mian Mir whose doors open without reason, and whose furniture is guaranteed to creak, not with the heat of June but with the weight of Invisibles who come to lounge in the chairs; Peshawar possesses houses that none will willingly rent; and there is something-not fever-wrong with a big bungalow in Allahabad.

No native ghost has yet been authentically reported to have frightened an Englishman; but many English ghosts have scared the life out of both white and black. A ghost that would voluntarily hang about a dâk-bungalow would be mad of course; but so many men have died mad in dâk-bungalows, that there must be a fair percentage of lunatic ghosts. Nearly every other station in India owns a ghost. In these dâk-bungalows, ghosts are most likely to be found, and when found, they should be made a note of. There are ghosts of little children who have been thrown into wells. He gave me the name of a well-known man who has been buried for more than a quarter of a century, and showed me an ancient daguerreotype of that man in his prehistoric youth. Well, I gave up on that, because the rug was a mess in the innards. It was my good luck to meet all sorts of men, from sober-travelling missionaries and deserters flying from British Regiments, to drunken loafers who threw whiskey bottles at all who passed; and my still greater good fortune just to escape a maternity case.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.